Preparing for College
Posted on March 6, 2018 by skylinegilariver
Some of the things you can do to give students the best chance of being accepted by the college of their choice include:
- Help to plan a challenging course schedule.
- Keep records of classes and grades.
- Track graduation requirements.
- Suggest which college admission tests to take and when to take them.
- Connect students to information on various colleges, majors and careers.
- Recommend colleges to match academic profiles and career goals.
- Advise on “safety,” “probable” and “reach” colleges.
- Make sure transcripts are sent to colleges.
- Write letters of recommendation.
- Explain how aid awards and financial aid work, and connect students to local scholarship opportunities.
While keeping these options in mind during your high school career. These options will help strengthen your applications for colleges:
- Standardized Testing: A strong performance on standardized tests also helps students convince colleges that they are ready. Encourage your students to take the PSAT/NMSQT®. This experience gives them the chance to practice for important college admission tests such as the SAT®.
- Extra curriculum Activities: Colleges expect students to have interests outside of academics. Sports and other extracurricular activities show admission officers that students are well-rounded and can contribute to life on campus. Volunteering or working part-time also indicates students are ready for the responsibilities.
top post here
Posted On August 8, 2022
Thank you to our new student leadership team. We look...
Posted On August 3, 2022
Middle School volleyball at Skyline Gila River doing great things...
Posted On June 6, 2022
This summer we are offering the following options of growth...