Top 10 Questions About Skyline Gila River
Posted on May 19, 2021 by skylinegilariver
Choosing a school for your student is a big decision to make. If you’re considering enrolling at Skyline Gila River, we’re here to help answer your top questions.
Below, we’re answering the most commonly asked questions parents and students ask about our school.
1. Is this school tuition-based?
Skyline Gila River is tuition-free, however there are certain fees for the following activities / services.
- Lab FEE FREE
School ID, computer lab fee, and classroom lab equipment costs.
*Each student must purchase their own earphones.
- Bus Transportation Reservation FEE (SEE ROUTES) FREE
Students ID’s will be required for ALL bus riders.
A one-time reservation fee to assure your status is required.
Bus transportation is a first-come, first-serve service.
- Competitive After School Fee FREE
One-time fee of $35.00 for uniforms, equipment, and other related costs.
For Football, Basketball, Soccer, Girl’s Volleyball, and other sports.
SCHOOL MEAL PRICES:
School Breakfast and Lunch Meals for students FREE
- Meals for adults: $2.25/breakfast and $3.25/lunch
2. Are there boundaries to attend the school?
Under Arizona state law, students may apply for admission to any public school, based on available classroom space (A.R.S. § 15-816.01). The law requires that school districts develop policies regarding open enrollment that may include transportation and that the policies shall be posted on the district’s website and available to the public upon request.
3. Do students have to wear uniforms?
- Collared, long or short sleeved, polo shirt or blouse in solid black, white, grey, or purple
- Approved school logo shirts are allowed on Fridays
- Uniform bottoms, cotton twill pants, capris, dresses, skorts, shorts, jumpers or skirts (worn no shorter than 2 inches above the knee) in solid black or khaki/tan
- Layering of school clothes is permitted provided all layers are within approved school colors (solid black, white, grey, or purple; solid black or khaki/tan bottoms)
- Solid black, brown, or white belts
- Tennis shoes/sneakers or closed toed/closed heeled dress shoes
- Conservative jewelry should be worn in moderation, limiting the number of pieces worn, and not posing a danger to self or others
- Any student wishing to exceed/surpass the uniform dress code requirements by wearing ties, dress pants, blazers, or suits may do so provided dress clothing is within approved school colors (black, white, grey, purple, and khaki/tan)
5 – 8TH BOYS:
Collared, long or short sleeved, polo shirt or oxford in solid black, white, grey, or purple
Approved school logo shirts are allowed on Fridays
cotton twill pants or shorts (worn properly on the waist) in solid black or khaki/tan
Layering of school clothes is permitted provided all layers are within approved school colors (solid black, white, grey, or purple; solid black or khaki/tan bottoms)
Solid black, brown, or white belts
Tennis shoes/sneakers or closed toed/closed heeled dress shoes
Conservative jewelry should be worn in moderation, limiting the number of pieces worn, and not posing a danger to self or others
Any student wishing to exceed/surpass the uniform dress code requirements by wearing ties, dress pants, blazers, or suits may do so provided dress clothing is within approved school colors (black, white, grey, purple, and khaki/tan)
9 – 12TH GIRLS & BOYS
All Uniform Dress Code rules are the same as 5– 8 girls, excepting that blue, black, or khaki/tan denim (jean) bottoms are permitted.
4. What kind of curriculum is taught?
We offer technology to all of our students. Each student will receive a Chromebook for the school year.
Skyline Gila River follows Skyline Education’s rigorous academic program incorporating a college prep, standards-based curriculum for Academics, Arts and Athletics.
The curriculum uses a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) to drive instruction. All curriculum is nationally recognized and is based on Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), and C3 Framework (College, Career and Civic Life for Social Studies).
For English/Language Arts (ELA) students use Core Knowledge Language Arts Listening and Learning Strand. For mathematics we use Eureka Math which integrates into the CCLS. For Science in the NGSS, grades 5-12 use SEPUP (Science Education for Public Understanding Program). For Social Studies, the C3 Framework is used for all grades that aligns with CCLS. In addition to these programs, we have digital support programs to compliment instruction. In grades 5-12, students use USA Test Prep and Edgenuity MyPath.
5. Do you have a counselor on campus?
We have behavior interventionists who work as counselors to help students through difficult situations.
6. What kind of sports do we offer for different grade levels?
Skyline Gila River athletic programs are among the best in the state. We participate in the Charter Athletic Association (CAA).
Sports available throughout the school year include: flag football, basketball, soccer, and girls’ volleyball.
7. Do you have bussing?
Yes, transportation services are available on a first come, first served basis. A one-time fee is required to assure your status. Routes will vary depending on location of students.
8. What are your school hours?
School hours are Monday – Thursday 7:15AM – 2:45PM.
Friday – early release: 8:45AM – 12:00PM
Office hours are Monday – Friday 7:15AM – 4:00PM.
9. How many students/classrooms are there?
There is a maximum of 25 students per classroom, average class of 23 students.
10. Are you accepting applications?
Yes! We are currently enrolling for the 2021-2022 school year. Click here to start your online application.
top post here
Posted On July 26, 2021
Hello Skyline Gila River Families! We are excited to welcome...
Posted On May 19, 2021
Choosing a school for your student is a big decision...
Posted On May 19, 2021
Are you looking at school options for your child in...